Looking for presenters for Comic Con at a PA school district

Discussion started on

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region epa
Hello all!

I am a teacher in a school district in Hatboro, PA, a suburb of Philadelphia.   Our Educational Foundation is hosting our first Comic Con event on February 22, 2020 from 10:00 AM-2:00 PM.  This event will benefit our schools and community. The mission of our Educational Foundation is to provide our schools and community with enhanced learning opportunities through creative and innovative educational programs. 

We are looking  for  authors, illustrators and fans to participate in various focus panels for the Comic Con event.  All sessions must be appropriate to our K-12 audience. Participants can lead their own panel or take part in an existing panel. Our Comic Con will be an event with a primary focus on comic books and comic book culture, in which comic book fans gather to meet creators, experts, and each other.  We are hoping that you will join us and share your creative expertise with our students, faculty, and community.   

The event will be open to the public  There is a $5 admission fee.  If you would like to sell your work, the cost to rent a table is $25. All proceeds support creative and innovative educational programs for our school district and community. We will also be running panels and are open to idea submissions for these presentations. Presentations will run 50 minutes in length. If you do not want to lead your own panel but are open to being invited to sit in on one, please let us know and we will be in touch. To reserve a table and/or present on a panel, we ask that you kindly R.S.V.P. no later than January 31st. 

We are in the planning stages for the event and welcome any suggestions for what you'd like to present.  If you are local to the Philadelphia area or will be in the area during the event and would like to participate, please feel free to send me a DM with your contact info  and I will get more info. for you.   Please let me know any ideas you have for what you may like to present and/or if you'd like to reserve a table to sell your work.
Thanks!  
Sue 
#1 - November 10, 2019, 11:45 AM
FAIRIES, Focus Readers, North Star Editions, 2018
GET OUTSIDE IN WINTER, Focus Readers, Jan.  2019
GET OUTSIDE IN SPRING, Focus Readers, Jan.  2019

Members: