SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

22 agents/6 editors for PBParty on March 9!

Discussion started on

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
PB Party submission day is in two weeks! I can't wait to read the incredible entries. Last year we received 818 of them...in one hour! This year, we're limiting everyone to one submission so we can give each entry the attention it deserves. Author/illustrators may send 2 illustrations from the same manuscript with their entry.

This is open to unagented writers and author/illustrators of picture books and chapter books. 

The list of agents and editors will go up on Michelle's blog in one week. Just wait until you see it! We have...

6 editors

19 agents

Plus, a few more might join or pop in during the event to make requests.

We'll have fun daily Twitter discussions starting on submission day (March 9). We'll also tweet tips and hints. Even if you can't enter, I hope you join in on the discussion. :)

We've had so many success stories...and know this will be an incredible year.

http://www.michelle4laughs.com/2020/02/picture-book-party-2020-is-here.html
#1 - February 24, 2020, 06:37 PM

Read to your kids
Poster Plus
Thanks for the heads-up, Mindy! I posted a couple that I had faith in, but haven't had any responses. Yet :)
#2 - March 05, 2020, 04:50 PM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
Good luck, Sue--but I'm guessing you're talking about a Twitter pitch party. This is PBParty where we receive submissions and narrow them down to 20 or so finalists for the agents/editors and submission day isn't until Monday, March 9.

In addition to 22 agents and 5 editors, we have 5 additional editors/agents not listed who will take a peek at the entries and hopefully request.

Here's a list of the agents and editors: http://www.michelle4laughs.com/2020/03/pbparty-agents-and-editors-2020.html

And here's our final post about the contest before it goes live on Monday with all the info people will need to enter: http://www.michelle4laughs.com/2020/03/introducing-picture-book-party.html
#3 - March 07, 2020, 02:20 AM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI RA
  • SCBWI Region cencal
Looks like a great opportunity and a reason to get a query in shape. Thanks for organizing, Mindy!  :love5
#4 - March 07, 2020, 07:14 AM
Rebecca Langston-George
The Women's Rights Movement: Then and Now
Capstone: January, 2018

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region canadaeast
A real "who's who in Publishing" line up Mindy. What a great job you guys did putting this together. Only wish I had a manuscript ready for sub :( Maybe next time but good luck to all those that participate this yr!
#5 - March 08, 2020, 03:59 AM
"Penelope and the Humongous Burp"
"Penelope and the Monsters"
"Penelope and the Preposterous Birthday Party"

Members: