The Summer Conference is now SOLD OUT.
There is no wait list for the conference.
There is no single day registration.
This year's conference will be held at the glamorous, historic Millennium Biltmore in downtown Los Angeles. The main three days of the conference are Friday July 29 – Sunday 31, with optional intensives on Monday August 1.
A DISCOUNTED ROOM BLOCK HAS BEEN ADDED AT THE OMNI HOTEL 2 BLOCKS FROM THE BILTMORE FOR A RATE OF $209.00 + Tax SOLD OUT
OMNI LOS ANGELES HOTEL
Millenium Biltmore SOLD OUT
506 South Grand Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Special Conference Room Rate: $189.00. You must book by Tuesday, July 5.
Parking at the Biltmore:
– Valet Parking: $19 day rate. No in and out privileges. $45 overnight valet parking.
– Additional parking at Pershing Square Garage: 532 South Olive Street Los Angeles, CA 90013 1 block east of the Biltmore.
* $11 flat daily rate before 11:00am; $16 flat daily rate after 11:00am. $16 covers overnight as well.
– Includes all conference workshops & events (excluding consultations and showcases) from Friday, July 29 – Sunday, July 31, 2016
– includes the Golden Kite Reception and dinner on Friday night and Saturday night Gala Dinner and Ball.
– Tuition does not include the Post-Conference Intensives on Monday, August 1.
Early Registration (ends Thursday, June 30 at 5:00pm Pacific Daylight Time): SOLD OUT
Regular Registration (After June 30):
Breakout workshops on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are first-come, first-serve only. You do not need to preregister.
Note: There is no part-time registration for this conference
SCBWI Members who register for the conference may also register for the following extras:
– Post-Conference Craft Intensive – A full day of small-group, special interest intensives on Monday, August 1: $225
There are NO refunds for the Illustrators and Craft Intensives
– Post-Conference Intensive for Illustrators: $225
– Daily throughout the regular conference.
– Individual Manuscript or Portfolio Consultation: $125 NOW CLOSED
Portfolio Showcase: $75 (Payable only if you are not participating in the Illustrators Intensive.)
Special Events for all attendees:
Pre-Conference Orientation: Friday, July 29
An orientation for first-time conference goers (or anyone wanting to learn how to get the most out of the conference). Check the Pre-Conference Orientation box during registration.
Friday Lunch Social:
International, Translator and Spanish Language Social.
Sunday Lunch Member Book Sale:
SCBWI members who are full-time conference attendees are eligible to sell their books at the Sunday Lunch book sale and reception if they register and provide the required information by June 25th. If you are not currently a PAL member, but believe you qualify, please update your profile and fill out the Application. Guidelines
Friday Night Peer Group Critiques:
All attendees are invited to participate in peer group critiques Friday 8:30pm – 9:30pm. Bring 6-8 copies of a work you would like to be critiqued. Guidelines
Friday Night Socials:
Network with other attendees at the Illustrator Social, Nonfiction Social, and LGBTQ and Allies Q&A.
Saturday Night Gala: Red Carpet Ball
Come mix, mingle and dance the night away at our Red Carpet Ball. Dress up Hollywood style. Special prizes for the most glam! Dinner will be served and you will receive one free drink ticket.
Unwind and stretch your aching muscles with yoga or morning meditation provided by the conference. Info and times will be provided on the schedule in your packet.
Free in-room WiFi.
– Full refund (minus $75 administrative fee) until Wednesday July 6.
– No refunds will be given on the optional Monday Intensives.
– No refund on Manuscript Consultations after May 20.
– After July 6, refunds will only be given in case of military service or a death in the family.