This year’s annual summer portfolio showcase has moved to the virtual realm and will be attended by leading art directors and editors! Though the format is different, the juried showcase is still a terrific way to get your illustrations in front of the top publishing professionals working today.
- Only current SCBWI members may register for the Portfolio Showcase.
- The fee for the Portfolio Showcase is $100.
- After registering for the showcase, please upload your portfolio images to your Member Profile on the SCBWI website. Judges will view all the images on your profile. If you need assistance, please email email@example.com no later than July 20.
- Our panel of industry judges will view the images in your gallery on July 26 so make sure your images are uploaded by then.
- GRAND PRIZE: Free admission to the next large-scale virtual event put on by SCBWI headquarters, meetings with three art directors (in person or via Zoom, whichever is appropriate at that time).
- Two Honor recipients will win a phone conversation or Zoom meeting with an art director to discuss your work and career.
- The showcase winner and honor recipients will be announced live on Zoom at the Summer Spectacular Farewell on Tuesday, August 4.
- Bonus! All members with a current Illustration Gallery on SCBWI.org are eligible to win Featured Illustrator (https://www.scbwi.org/featured-illustrator/ )
Portfolios are judged as a whole, not on any individual image. The judges are looking for:
- Children’s book publishing appropriateness.
- Consistency of a strong illustrative “voice” throughout.
- Fresh and unique styles.
- SCBWI reserves the right not to award any prizes at its sole discretion.