What to exhibit:
Portfolio, Business/Postcards, Dummy (optional)
Standard formats only.
Only one (1) portfolio is permitted.
Size: (Measure while open) - Maximum width: 32” max. - Maximum height: 12” max. - Closed Portfolio: 3” tall max.
10 - 15 images suggested.
Copies or prints only; no original art.
Name: your name and contact information must be in or on your Portfolio.
Portfolios must be the participant’s own artwork. (No AI)
Business or Promotional Cards:
• Size: Up to 5”x 7” horizontal or vertical.
• Only one design required. (one stack will be placed by portfolio)
• No card holders permitted.
• Bring cards in a sealable plastic bag or bound by a rubber band.
• One (1) or two (2) permitted.
• Size: Dummies may not be larger than your portfolio.
• Optional, not a requirement.
• Dummy may not, in any way, be a partially or fully published book.
• Dummy must be attached to your portfolio (string, yarn or ribbon works well).
• The dummy may or may not be your own writing. Please do give credit where credit is due.
• The dummy is simply an opportunity to display your awareness and ability to create a children’s book.
• Can be in addition to your portfolio, NOT instead of a portfolio.
Please note what is not permitted:
• Oversized portfolios (whether in length, depth or width)
• Non- secured portfolio (images not securely attached to portfolio)
• Original art
• Framed art
• Published books
• 3-dimensional art
• Easels, stands or props of any kind
• Portfolios in unusual novelty formats
If you have further questions, please contact Illustrator Coordinator Andrew Lozano at firstname.lastname@example.org