The Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators, a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization, is the only professional organization specifically for individuals who write, illustrate, and translate for children and young adults. Our mission is to support the creation and availability of quality children’s books in every region of the world.
Through our awards, events, and publications, we give established writers, illustrators, and translators the tools and resources to manage their careers, as well as educate those just starting out. SCBWI is also proud to serve as a consolidated voice for our members within the publishing industry.
All we do at SCBWI is viewed through a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens. The vision is created by our Executive Director in conjunction with the board of directors and in consultation with the advisory council. The vision is fulfilled by the entire headquarters team and the global regional teams.
The Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators is seeking an experienced, creative marketing manager to join our growing organization. In this position, you will work directly with the Director, Marketing and Communication Strategy. You will seek to increase brand awareness through all relevant channels, and support member acquisition and retention programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute advertising campaigns, promotions, marketing initiatives and track analytics
- Build brand awareness through various media outlets and member email marketing
- Collaborate with Manager, Illustration and Design on advertising and marketing materials, and Social Media Coordinator on campaigns
- Keep track of and balance project budgets
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or related field
- 3-4 years experience in marketing, advertising, and brand management
- Solid knowledge of the current children’s publishing industry
- Experience in website content development
- Stellar written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn) Later, Google Analytics, Asana, Dropbox, SEO, Canva, Constant Contact
- Willingness to try innovative marketing strategies
- Excellent time management, able to balance multiple projects at once
- Social media marketing experience
- Email marketing experience
Job Type: Part-time, Freelance
Pay: $33 per hour
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled
Posted: July 27, 2022