Return to SCBWI BOOKSTOP general information.
This is your instruction guide to help you prepare your SCBWI BookStop page.
1. Log in to SCBWI.org using your email and password on the SCBWI homepage.
2. Scroll down to “My SCBWI BookStop” on the left-hand side of your Member Profile and click on the purple “My SCBWI BookStop”.
3. You will need to purchase an SCBWI BookStop for $25 before you can begin creating your page. Our site will lead you through the payment process.
4. Once you’ve purchased your SCBWI BookStop, click on the message “Click Here to Begin”. This takes you to the SCBWI BookStop template, where you’ll be doing all your work.
5. Select the template design you’d like to use from the scroll down menu of ten templates. A thumbnail of each template will appear next to your selection. Pick one that represents the tone of your book. Click any thumbnail to see the full size view, and click “Choose (Template Name)” to select it. Then click “Save.” You can select a different template at any time, and all the information you’ve entered will show in the new template. To preview a new template, simply select the new template, click “Save,” and then click “Preview.”
6. Fill in as much information about your book as you wish to appear on your SCBWI BookStop page from the fields listed: (Remember the more unique the content, the more enticing your page will be to visitors. Get creative!)
All details marked with a double asterisk (**) are mandatory.
**BookStop Language: Choose English or Spanish
**Book Title: The title of your book
Sub Heading: The subtitle, if applicable to your title, e.g. Here’s Hank: Fake Snakes and Weird Wizards
**Your Name or Pen Name: However you would like your name to appear
**Author(s): Name of author. (If this is the same as ‘Your Name’, just list the name twice)
Illustrator(s): Illustrator Name/Names (If this is the same as ‘Your Name’, just list the name twice. Leave blank if not applicable)
**Book synopsis: A short summary, as what might appear on your book flap or Amazon listing. 100-150 words.
Traditional Publisher: Choose your publisher from a dropdown list of PAL publishers. If your publisher is not listed, leave the field blank.
Self Publisher: Type in your publisher in the text box shown. If you wish to leave this field blank, you may do so.
Note: Enter only one publisher – Traditional or Publisher – but not both. If you do not fill in either publisher field, the page will not be published.
**Release Date: The day your book is (or was) available for purchase.
**Book Category: Choose from the following categories– Board/Novelty, Picture Book, Leveled Reader, Middle Grade, Young Adult, Chapter Book, Nonfiction, Resource Book, Apps.
ISBN: The reference number assigned to your book. These begin with 0 or prefix 978. (Note: listing both ISBN-10 and ISBN-13 is not necessary.)
(For the following ‘Upload’ fields, the image file name should *not* contain any special characters (apostrophe, quote, space, etc). Be sure the file name has only letters, numbers, and/or dashes. If there are special characters, simply rename the file before uploading it. Use .jpg or .png)
**Book Cover: Upload an image of your book’s front cover
Inside Image 1, 2, &3: Three more opportunities to upload illustrations from your book. (This is optional, but recommended for picture books.)
Your Photo Here: Upload a picture of yourself. (Optional)
**’Buy Book’ link: Choose the link you’d like your visitors to use: Amazon, IndieBound, your publisher’s site, your personal website, etc. You can only list one URL in this box.
Social Media Links: A link to your personal website (optional), Facebook link (optional), Twitter link (optional), and Instagram link (optional).
BookStop trailer: Provide a URL to a YouTube video.
About the Author: A short bio about yourself. We recommend about 100-300 words.
Contact Me: Tell your readers how they can contact you (email, your website, Twitter, etc.)
For Fans Of: This is a place to list your ‘comp titles’ or well-known books that are similar to your new release. One title per line.
From the Author: Use this space to leave a final impression on BookStop browsers. A call to action, important message, shout out, or interesting fact about your book will do the trick.
Don’t forget to click “Save” once you have filled in your information.
7. Any information you do not fill in will not appear on your SCBWI BookStop. The only exceptions to this include the ‘About Me’ and ‘Contact Me’ links.
8. To Preview your SCBWI BookStop, click “Preview” to see how your page will appear before it’s published. It will open as a separate page for you to view. Do not close the page where you edit information without saving or you will lose the unsaved work.
9. When are you finished previewing the page and want to return to editing the SCBWI BookStop, simply close the Preview page or tab. If you want to make changes, don’t forget to hit “Save” when you are finished!
Your BookStop page will go live on October 6, and last until November 30.
If you have questions that haven’t been covered above, please contact us at email@example.com or by calling 323-782-1010.