Independently Published Book Launch Marketing Grant
The Independently Published Book Launch Award provides authors or illustrators with $2,500 in funds to help with the promotion of their newly self-published work. Two grants are offered annually. One grant is reserved specifically for a book creator from an underrepresented community. Winners will be announced on January 20, 2022.
SUBMISSIONS CLOSED. Open from October 1 – November 15. 2021.
Congratulations to 2021 winners Tonya Ellis an Nicole Kohr!
You must be a current SCBWI member when your work is submitted and when the award is announced. SCBWI members with a book self-published in 2021 are eligible to apply.
Money from the grant may be used to promote your book including, but not limited to:
- Launch events
- Speaking engagements and book tours
- Curriculum materials
- Advertising, posters, postcards, and other promotional marketing materials
- Book trailers
- Website development
- Book donations to local schools and libraries
- School visits
Grants will be awarded based on:
- Strong marketing and implementation plan
- Demonstrated need
- Quality and professionalism of your synopsis
Winners must use the money in the first calendar year and provide SCBWI with documentation of grant money use.
PLEASE INCLUDE IN YOUR SUBMISSION:
- A brief cover letter with the name of your book, the publication date, and a short bio.
- A short synopsis of why you are applying for this grant AND your marketing plan of no more than one page attached as a PDF.
- Indicate whether you want to be considered for the award for authors from underrepresented communities.
- Link to online submission portal will open on October 1st. CLICK HERE
Applications must not exceed TWO pages.