Independently Published Pre-publication Grant
Open only to SCBWI members, the Pre-publication grant is awarded annually and provides $2,500 to help off-set the price of self-publishing. Winners will be announced on January 20, 2023.
Open from November 1 – November 30, 2022.
Congratulations to 2021 winner Zulfa Adiputri!
You must be a current SCBWI member when your work is submitted and when the award is announced.
Money from the grant must be used to self-publish your book, including but not limited to:
- Hiring illustrators
- Hiring content editors, proofreaders, and copyeditors
- Hiring book designers
- Book trailers
- Website development
- Printing and shipping costs
- Publishing software
Grants will be awarded based on:
- Quality and professionalism of your synopsis
- Strength of your business plan
PLEASE INCLUDE IN YOUR SUBMISSION:
- A brief cover letter with the name of your proposed book, a 1-2 paragraph synopsis, your publication timeline, a short bio, a 1 page business plan of how the grant money will used, and 2-3 sentences about why you have chosen to self-publish this book.
- CLICK HERE to apply!