|Region:||Australia East/New Zealand|
|Age Levels:||11-13 and 14-17|
|Will Travel:||Anywhere in the world|
|SCBWI Profile:||Member Profile|
Thanks to a life of travel and linguistic exploration, my action-packed stories for middle grade readers are infused with adventure, exotic cultures, rich language, and mythological elements.
Kids arrive at my writing workshops with an inkling that they might like to write a story or book. They leave with courage to begin writing, a spark of an idea, and skills to keep going.
Workshop topics for older children include:
- The Amazing, Hair-Raising Fabulous Story Idea Hunt
- Pre-Writing: What Happens Before "Once Upon a Time..."
- Wonder Work Out for Flabby Characters
- Wicked Plotting: The Hows and Whys of Outlining
- Storytellers Across Time
- Dear Diary - Creating a Helpful Journalling Habit
- Word Nerds Rule!