Other and Writer
||Australia East/New Zealand
||5-10, 11-13, and 14-17
||Anywhere in the world
I have wanted to be an author since I was seven, and I'm passionate about encouraging new authors of all ages.
At my blog http://writingclassesforkids I run online writing classes and writing competitions to help writers develop their skills and chances of publication.
I have run workshops in various states of Australia for writers of all ages.
I've always loved reading and writing and have worked as a journalist and advertising copywriter.
I publish writing tips, reviews and author/illustrator interviews at my blog http://deescribewriting.wordpress.com
I have 16 published books for children and young adults.
I have undertaken writing workshops for children and adults throughout Australia.
I run online classes for writers of all ages through my blog http://writingclassesforkids.com
My specialty is tailoring workshops to suit the individual needs of schools and festivals.
Some of my most popular workshops/masterclasses/panels include:
1 Writing workshops on anti-bullying - creating an anti-bullying super hero.
2. Heroes and Villains - Creating Great Characters.
3. From Portrait to Prose - Using a picture to tell a story.
4. How to run a successful author blog tour.
5. Creating an author blog that people will read.
6. Making the most of your world wide SCBWI Membership - I am currently undertaking a mentorship with Ellen Hopkins through SCBWI Nevada.
7. Making a Scene - looking at scene development and identifying what's working and what's not.
8. The Plot Thickens - Looking at how to add spice to your plot.
9. 1/2 day session for teen writers.
10. Creating a strong Character Voice.
11. Point of View.
12. Editing - getting your work ready for publication.
The content and length of my sessions can be tailored to your needs.