|Region:||New England (CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME)|
|Will Travel:||< 25 miles|
|SCBWI Profile:||Member Profile|
Author of ANNE & HER TOWER OF GIRAFFES (Kids Can Press, 2022), SERENA: THE LITTLEST SISTER (Page Street Kids, 2019), AN EXTRAORDINARY ORDINARY MOTH (Sleeping Bear Press, March 2018), and NADIA: THE GIRL WHO COULDN'T SIT STILL (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2016).
VIRTUAL VISITS (45 minutes)
Through Zoom, Google, or Skype, I would love to visit your school and chat with students about how biographies are created. Perfect for 2nd-5th graders, my virtual visit includes the following:
Reading of one of my biographies (10 minutes):
- Serena: The Littlest Sister
- Nadia: The Girl Who Couldn't Sit Still
Slideshow on writing biographies (20 minutes):
- Topics discussed: inspiration, timeframes, character development, themes, and resources.
- My favorite writing tips.
- Sneak peek at my next biography.
Q&A with students (15 minutes):
- Time for students to ask questions about research, writing, and publishing.
- If students/teachers prefer to read the book in class prior to the visit, 10 minutes can be added to the Q&A time.
2021-2022 School Year: $150 per virtual visit.
These virtual visits also include:
- Easy book-ordering process through Author Visit Central
- Personalized bookplates for students (mailed to teacher)
- A list of my favorite biographies (emailed to the teacher)
To schedule a Virtual Visit, please contact me.
If school budgets don't alow for the cost of a virtual visit, contact me about free Q&As via Flipgrid.