|Age Levels:||11-13 and 14-17|
|SCBWI Profile:||Member Profile|
M-E Girard lives just outside Toronto, where she splits her time between writing YA fiction about badass teen girls and working nights as a pediatric nurse. A 2013 and 2015 Lambda Literary Fellow, M-E is a proud feminist who is endlessly fascinated by the good, the bad, and the ugly regarding the concept of gender. Her debut novel GIRL MANS UP (September 2016, HarperTeen | HarperCollins Canada), was a William C. Morris YA Debut Award finalist and a Lambda Literary Award winner. You can find her online at www.megirard.com and all over social media.
What you need to know:
- I am available for author visits, to facilitate workshops, and for event appearances.
- I've facilitated workshops on a variety of topics (short story writing, the writing life, agent querying process, writing fiction, writing YA literature, writing for or about queer people), for a variety of individuals (children and teens, writers of all stages, queer and non-queer people).
- I am fluent in English and French, so I can speak and facilitate workshops in either language.
- My style is informal and conversational, and I use a lot of humor. I'm comfortable in front of a small group, or a large one.
- My willingness to travel and availability can be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
Email me for more information!