Ann Whitford Paul – Writer’s Digest Manuscript Award
The Ann Whitford Paul – Writer’s Digest Manuscript Award is an annual award given to a Most Promising Picture Book manuscript.
Winners will be selected in two categories: Fiction and Nonfiction. The two winners will each receive a $1000 grant to encourage the development of an excellent picture book manuscript.
Submissions open February 1, 2022. Deadline is April 10, 2022.
- This award is open to any SCBWI members with picture books who are not under contract and/or have not sold a picture book manuscript in the last five years.
- Please include a cover sheet that has the title of the manuscript and all of your contact information. Please submit text-only manuscripts – no dummies or published work.
- You may only submit one manuscript (fiction OR nonfiction), which should not exceed 1000 words.
- We are only accepting electronic submissions. Email your manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include manuscript as a PDF attachment.
Questions? Please email Sarah Diamond at email@example.com.
VIEW THE 2021 WINNERS