What Is It?
For an additional cost you can receive feedback on EITHER a pitch for one of your manuscripts OR the Art Director Assignment. If you choose to participate in this option, please follow the instructions below.
Pitch Roundtables (for authors and translators)
How to participate:
In these practice pitch sessions, a maximum of six preregistered participants per table will have ten minutes to present a pitch for one manuscript to the agent or editor and receive feedback on the pitch and ask questions.
- If interested in participating, you must register for this add-on when you register for the retreat.
- You should have a prepared 3- to 4-minute oral pitch with you. DO NOT SUBMIT THESE AHEAD.
- We recommend that you keep your pitch brief to allow time for feedback and questions from the agent or editor.
All conference attendees are invited to sit in on these sessions to listen and learn from the pitches being shared and critiqued.
Art Director (AD) Assignment Roundtable (for illustrators)
How to participate:
In this session, a maximum of six preregistered participants will receive feedback on their art director assignment.
This year's assignment: Please draw two foxes arguing in an orange kitchen. Why?
- Stories are characters with feelings in places.
- The feelings can’t always be happy.
- Making foxes pop against orange can be tricky.
- Kitchens are hard.
- Send your illustrations to Berrie, firstname.lastname@example.org, by midnight Sunday, 4/7/24.
- Please put “AD Assignment submission_Pocono 2024” in the subject line of your email
What to send:
- One AD assignment illustration .jpg or .png file (5 MB max)
What to name your files:
⇒Please SAVE YOUR FILES as follows: last name_AD Assignment_Pocono 2024
⇒For example, for Berrie Torgan-Randall's file, she would label it: Torgan-Randall_AD Assignment_Pocono 2024
All conference attendees are invited to sit in on this session to listen and learn from the AD assignments being shared and critiqued.