On Friday, February 9, we’re hosting a private exhibition of portfolios for hundreds of specially invited publishers, art directors, editors, and agents from children’s publishing houses and agencies. A jury of industry professionals will award the following honors:
● One agented Grand Prize Award winner
● Two agented Honor awardees
● One unagented Grand Prize Award winner
● Two unagented Honor awardees
The two Grand Prize winners will receive two phone/virtual meetings each from art directors or agents and free admission to the next New York Conference (room and airfare not included).
Honor Award winners will receive a phone call or video meeting with an art director or agent for guidance and feedback.
Participation in the showcase is an additional $100. You must be registered for the conference to participate.
Drop off and Pick Up
What to exhibit:
Portfolio, promotional postcards, dummy (optional)
PLEASE NOTE: Portfolios that do not follow these requirements will be disqualified from prize consideration.
Business or Promotional Cards:
Please note what IS NOT PERMITTED:
The following will disqualify your portfolio from the prize consideration:
● Oversized portfolios (whether oversized in length, width, or height).
● Non-secured portfolios (images not securely attached to the portfolio).
● Original art
● Framed art
● Published books
● 3-D art
● Easels, stands, or props of any kind
● Portfolios in unusual novelty formats, such as boxes.
Follow the rules and let your artwork shine!
Please email TeMika Grooms at firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the afternoon and early evening of February 9th, industry professionals will be invited to view the portfolios (after the judging has concluded). From 7:45pm–9pm conference attendees can view the art. You are welcome to attend from 7:45pm-9pm and meet your fellow conference goers.