Emerging Illustrator Scholarship for the SCBWI MMW Conference sponsored by Zeke Peña
(Includes a portfolio review!)
- Must be an Illustrator
- Must attend the conference
- Can be pre-published or published in any format
- Self-identifies as belonging to a marginalized group whose voice has been historically underrepresented in publishing
- SCBWI membership is not required
- Applicant must fill out the linked form that includes brief essays answering the following questions: What motivates you to illustrate books for young readers? What about illustration and book publishing are you most excited to learn about at the conference? How does where you come from and/or how you identify influence your illustration work? You will also be asked to submit a sample of your work.
- The winner will not be announced publicly unless otherwise specified.
Must apply using this LINK between January 29th- February 22nd, 2024.