Join us for our free, in-person event for our San Francisco/South premium members at the Twin Pines Lodge at the Twin Pines Park in Belmont, CA. There is ample indoor and outdoor space to gather and meet your fellow writers and illustrators. At this event:
• Optional Manuscript Critiques -This is an extra add-on for $75. Register in advance to receive a 15-minute, in-person manuscript critique from a local published author! More details below.
• Speed Meeting – meet others in your town or find a critique partner!
• Portfolio Show – illustrators, bring your portfolio for your chance to win a “People’s Choice” award – the prize is to be our "Featured Illustrator" on our website, plus a free portfolio consultation at our upcoming Golden Gate Day!
• Guided writing and drawing activities – bring your sketchbook or your journal as we take a moment to refresh our creative energy in with some low-key guided activities.
• PAL (Published and Listed) member meetup - PAL members, meet other fellow published authors to discuss how SCBWI can help your career this year!
• Book and art supply swap! Leave a book or art supply on our swap table and take a book or art supply home with you. Gently used items are fine – reuse, reduce, recycle!
• Door prizes! Including signed books!
** TO BOOK THE EVENT > Click REGISTER and go all the way to the bottom of the page and click the green button labeled: "BOOK A SEAT".
1:00 – 1:30: Arrival, peruse the portfolios and swap tables.
1:30-2:30: Speed Meeting – Four 15-minute sessions to meet different groups of people according to category – by town, genre, and other categories including need for critique partner!
2:30 – 3:30: Guided Writing and Illustrating, PAL member meetup
2:30 – 4:00: Manuscript Critiques (registrants will be given a 15-minute time slot)
3:30 – 4:00: More socializing, door prizes, and portfolio show winner announced
Do you have a manuscript that could use an extra set of eyes and an experienced opinion? We are pleased to offer the opportunity to have your work reviewed by a local published author – Stephanie Lucianovic (PB only), Tim McCanna (PB only), and Lindsay Lackey (MG only, online).
Manuscript critiques include a 15-minute face-to-face consultation. Stephanie and Tim will meet with you at the Spring Event on March 2nd, between 2:30-4:00 pm. Lindsay will meet online on Friday, March 1st, between 5:00-6:30pm.
After you register, you may add on a manuscript critique with the author of your choice. The fee for a critique is $75. UPDATE: If you cannot make the in-person meeting and would like a WRITTEN ONLY critique, the cost is $50. You MUST EMAIL THE MANUSCRIPT COORDINATOR email@example.com BY FEBRUARY 10th FOR A $25 REFUND. Past February 10th, we are unable to process a refund but will still email your written feedback to you.
Manuscripts for critique will be due by UPDATE: extended until Saturday, February 10th!
Note: There are NO REFUNDS for the manuscript critique. If you are unable to attend the in-person consultation at the event, we will email your feedback to you.
Financial assistance is available to members of the San Francisco/South region for manuscript critiques! If you require a reduced fee in order to receive a manuscript critique, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manuscript Financial Aid” in the subject line and we will reply with a coupon code, no explanation of financial need necessary.