• Monthly peer critiques: You will complete a monthly written peer critique for each of the other members of your cohort, and receive written critiques from your peers each month.
• Online group meetings: You’ll meet with your mentor and cohort for seven 60-90 minute meetings. These live online meetings will be a chance to ask questions, brainstorm, get clarification about critiques, and receive craft and career guidance tailored to the needs of the group.
• Email group: Your cohort will connect via an email listserve facilitated through Google Groups. This will be your place to share resources, ask questions, and connect with your cohort.
You must be logged in to your SCBWI account in order to register.
This program is open to all SCBWI Premium Members, and there is no screening requirement. To make the mentorship program the best possible experience for everyone, please check that you meet the experience level requirements for the cohort you register for.
If you wish to add a second cohort, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Add a CCG cohort” in the subject line.
Registration will close on December 26, 2023.
Please note registration confirmations are no longer emailed. You can find your confirmation and other important Creative Coaching Group information on your member home page under Events.
No refunds will be given after December 26 2023.
If the session you want is full, OR if the online meeting dates for your desired cohort simply don’t work for you, please fill out our Waiting List Form. We may form additional cohorts if there is enough interest. Filling out this form does not commit you to anything; it simply allows us to assess interest and contact you if additional spots open up.
In registering for the Creative Coaching Group 6-Month Mentorship Program, you agree to the following:
• You will be expected to complete 2-5 peer critiques each month (depending on cohort size). If you have an emergency and need an extension, you must discuss this with your mentor.
• If you fail to either complete your peer critiques or request an extension, you will not be eligible to submit a manuscript for critique the following month, but will still be responsible for completing your peer critiques the following month.
• Group live sessions may be recorded and the recordings made available to the group participants for 30 days.
• If you miss a submission deadline, you may forfeit that month’s critiques from both mentor and peers.
• You may not use, in part, or in whole, any aspect of a fellow mentee's manuscript or basic concept in your own work. Violating this rule is considered plagiarism and can be prosecuted by law.
• If you violate the terms laid out above, you may be asked to leave the group and will not receive a refund.