We will have two terrific PAL* members serving as mentors to our region’s writers in 2018:
Andrea J. Loney, author of "Take A Picture Of Me, James VanDerZee!", "BunnyBear" and the upcoming "Double Bass Blues".
Wade Bradford, author of five picture books including three due in 2018 and over thirty plays for children and teens.
– One six-month mentorship with Andrea J. Loney
– One six-month mentorship with Wade Bradford
1. You must be a member in good standing of the SCBWI-L.A. region.
2. Associate or Full members may apply. (No PAL members)
*SCBWI membership levels: PAL (published and listed), Full (published unlisted), Associate (unpublished)
1. You may apply for one mentorship or both, but you can win only one mentorship. If you happen to be selected by both mentors, you will be contacted and asked to choose your preferred mentor.
2. DO NOT contact either of the mentors directly.
3. Applicants not in compliance with these rules or who do not adhere to the application instructions will be disqualified.
4. To ensure fairness to all, no questions will be answered.
Submissions: January 10 – February 21, 2018
Winners announced: Mid-April, 2018
Mentorship: May 1 – October 30, 2018